I use to spend many, many hours at work. I am now barely able to make it to the end of the work day. Even though my body is there, mentally I'm wiped. Physical I'm scarcely able to stay awake. I can barely figure out how to open my grade book much less get any work done. When people are talking to me I'm having a hard time making sense of what they are saying. When I 'm reading a story to my students, I am having a difficult time making sense of some of the text.
My students and I get so tired by the mid afternoon we can hardly stay awake. My students complain of headaches. I get headaches. My students complain of stomach aches. I've been waking up in the middle of the night with incredible stomach aches, diarreah, vomiting, cold sweats, feeling like I may pass out from the stomach pains. My eyes are blood red by the end of the work day. They burn. My nose burns. My ears ring. I have restless leg syndrome and I am so tired I can't do a thing. It is overwhelming for me to think of just doing a load of laundry or picking up mail from the table. What would I do with it?
Then at work the other day, people begin telling me how my room smells of mold. It has this horrible odor. Several people in a row one afternoon entered my room slowly saying the same thing. I do notice a large black stain on the ceiling above my desk.
Today, I researched some symptoms of mold toxicity. It turns out all of the symptoms I labled are signs of dangerous nuerological reactions to mold toxicity. The mold actually kills brain cells. I can't financially afford to take time off of work. What do I do? I'm afraid to go to work. Not just go in my room, but to go in the building period!
Here's a link to the symptoms:
Some of the symptoms are: