Saturday, August 4, 2012

6 Month Challenge

Today I am starting a 6 month challenge to better healthy. I am simply sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I want to improve my health, physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I 've been suffering with daily migraines, fatigue, muscle aches, "brain fog" and a host of other annoying little nuisances that are creating quite a miserable existence. I am fully confident that heavy doses of nutrition are going to get me back on the road to better health. If I don't change the way I care for myself now, I fear what life will be like a year from now.

I remember 2 years ago that I felt like I was in the best health of my entire life. I felt healthier and stronger than I did in my teens and 20's. The only difference between then and now is that I do not  exercise the same way that I once did. I also don't make good choices with the things that I put in my body. The key is to make a plan. I intend to do that today.  I'm going to make a plan for what to do on those occasions when I feel famished and the only thing handy to eat is a something filled with sugar. I need to make a plan for when I feel overwhelmed, exhausted and depleted to NOT look for a good dose of chocolate to take all my cares away.

I am frequently feeling like I am missing myself. I am missing the me that I used to be. I am missing the body that I once I had. I feel like my body is betraying me by becoming weaker, stiffer, "OLDER." Actually, it is me who has betrayed my body by not meeting her needs. I will begin to change course and meet her needs more and more everyday. I am calling it a 6 month challenge because I am going commit to 6 months right now. If at the end of 6 months I still want to go back to sugar, chocolate and minimal exercise, well so be it. I will do that and live the consequences. But, before I acquiesce  to defeat and that there is nothing I can do to improve my health and well being during this aging process I am going dive in the deep end for the next 6 months. I will take very good care of this body and be very purposeful about what goes I feed her and in what I expect of her.

Here I go..... 6 months challenge! You are on baby!!!!

No comments: