Thursday, November 20, 2008

Food and Cable Cars a Good Stress Reliever

Well life has dished me out plenty to be stressed about lately. So, I turn to the two things that give me comfort these days. Food and Alcohol. For those who know me you'll get a good laugh because you know I rarely drink, but do eat plenty! Well due to circumstances beyond my control, a crazy world producing crazy children who make my life, well generally crazy these days has led me to knitting, cooking and yes DRINKING - to alleviate some of the stress. Maybe you can think of a better stress reliever, but some of us must be a bit more creative.

Okay. Tonights destresser was chuck roast, sweet potatoes, onions and carrots in the crockpot stewing in it's wonderful juices all day. Seasoned with Worsteseir sauce, A-1 steak sauce, steak seasoning, a bit of red wine and rum, then just simmer and stew all day. Well, when I came home the house smelled delicious and my cable car called my name. Whom am I to deny it's call?

To those of you who think I've gone off the deep end and am drinking alone. Never fear. Chris joined in. The cable cars were beckoning to her as well. Well, either they were or my frantic phone call saying I've had a really bad day can you come over was. And, no I haven't completely turned into a lush. I'm still a lightweight with my first glasss 1/4 full 3 hours later. Now I am off to knitting another wonderful scarf. Thank God for crockpots, sweet potatoes, rum and little magic plastic wonds of destresser, a.ka. knitting needles. Those close to me will benefit this winter from the fruits of my pent up labor.

When my camera's battery is off it's sabatical I'll post pics of the bountiful feasts I've been fixing and the tremendous scarfs I've been knitting. I know you're white knuckled waiting for the photos of these riveting sights!

Cheers and Bon Apetit! Wish you were here feasting and drinking with me. Anyone spare a Pocket Full of Sunshine?

No comments: